IIE is pleased to announce the relaunch of the Freeman Awards for Study in Asia (Freeman-ASIA), made possible by generous support from the Freeman Foundation. Created to assist U.S. students with demonstrated financial need and limited prior experience in East and Southeast Asia, Freeman-ASIA will fund approximately 400 students over the next two academic years, with awards ranging from $3,000 per student for summer study and $5,000 per semester, to a maximum of $7,000 for a full year abroad.
Summer 2017 Student Deadline: March 1, 2017
Fall/Academic Year 2017 Student Deadline: April 4, 2017 (application opens in February)
- Review the Freeman-ASIA eligibility requirements to ensure they meet all the requirements to apply.
- Identify a Study Abroad Program in East or Southeast Asia that qualifies them for a Freeman-ASIA Award.
- Register for the application (available in February)Complete the on-line Freeman-ASIA Application by the Student Deadline.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with Tracey Holland, Interim Director of International Programs by calling x5260.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office to inform them that you are applying for this fellowship as they will have to verify your financial aid as part of the application process.
- Follow up to ensure that both advisers have received your Freeman-ASIA Application Endorsement Request E-mail.