Schwarzman Scholars Program
Schwarzman Scholars is designed to prepare future leaders to address the challenges of the 21st century and beyond. Inspired by the Rhodes Scholarship, the program seeks to foster greater understanding and stronger relations between nations of the world, particularly China.
Scholars from around the world will pursue a fully-funded one-year Master's degree at Schwarzman College on the campus of Tsinghua University in Beijing, one of China's most prestigious universities. They will hone their leadership skills through a curriculum designed by faculty and experts from around the world and frequent interactions with internationally distinguished guest lecturers. Additionally, Scholars will spend considerable time outside the classroom gaining firsthand exposure to China and its people through thematic study tours, a mentoring program and internships with key employers in Beijing. All classes will be taught in English and non-Chinese students will study Mandarin.
Students will live and study together on the campus of Schwarzman College, a newly-built, state-of-the-art facility, where all classes will be taught in English. Students will pursue degrees in one of three disciplines:
- Public Policy
- Economics and Business
- International Studies
Application Instructions: Campus Deadline September 6, this includes letters of recommendation
Currently enrolled undergraduate students must request an assessment from their university using the Schwarzman Scholars Institutional Assessment Form.
- Register for the Application through the Schwarzman Scholars website.
- Contact your referees as soon as possible. Once they agree to write on your behalf you will register them to submit a letter using the Recommendation Registration Form. You must register your writers before you submit your application and inform them that the letters are due by the campus deadline.
- You will upload your transcripts and a confidentiality waiver (if you do not have one on file) using the Recommendation Registration Form, please be prepared to do this when you go to complete the Recommendation Registration form.
- Submit a PDF version of the online application, including copies of your essay, your short video and any other supplemental materials to email@example.com by the campus deadline. DO NOT submit your application electronically through Embark until you have met with the Dean of Studies.
- You will have an interview with the Dean of Studies which will take place in the fall after the September 6 deadline.
Candidates will also formally register those writing a letter of recommendation on their behalf through the Schwarzman application system managed by Embark. This is separate from the campus process which means writers will be asked to submit their letters twice through two different systems.
For Letter Writers: Candidates should register their references through the Vassar College online application for the campus deadline. Once registered, writers will receive a link to this Letter of Recommendation Submission Form. If you haven't received an email please follow up with the applicant to ensure that you have been registered to write on his/her behalf. You may access this form at any time through this site, however you cannot save information and return to the form at a later date.