Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program
The U.S. Department of State’s Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship is a grant program that enables students of limited financial means to study or intern abroad, thereby gaining skills critical to our national security and economic prosperity. The Institute of International Education has administered the program since its inception in 2001.
Campus deadline for support from the Office of International Programs is October 1
- Review the Gilman eligibility requirements to ensure they meet all the requirements to apply.
- Identify a Study Abroad Program
- Register for the application
- Schedule an appointment to meet with Kerry Stamp, Director of International Programs by calling x5260.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office to inform them that you are applying for this fellowship as they will have to verify your financial aid as part of the application process.
- Follow up to ensure that both advisers have received your Gilman Application Endorsement Request E-mail.
Note: Applicants will be pre-screened to ensure their program of choice is in a country that has a Level 1 or 2 Travel Advisory, according to the U.S. Department of State’s Travel Advisory System. Applicants applying to a country that has a Level 3 or 4 Travel Advisory will not be considered.