Erica Leshan Taterka '85 Scholarship Fund
In honor of the memory of Erica Leshan Taterka ’85, the scholarship will fund Vassar students engaging in community service work
Erica Leshan Taterka was dedicated to public service as demonstrated by her two terms on the Chester (NJ) School Board, her service as a Trustee of the Educational Foundation of the Chesters, and her work for Cancer Hope Network, the League of Women Voters, Chester Taxpayers for Public Education, and support of non-governmental organizations such as CARE, Doctors Without Borders, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and UNICEF.
In honor of Erica’s memory, the Erica Leshan Taterka Scholarship Fund was established through the generous donations of friends and family to provide financial support for young people demonstrating a commitment to peace, justice, and education.
There are two criteria for the Erica Leshan Taterka scholarship:
1. The recipient must use the scholarship funds for community service work. We particularly seek to support candidates working for public education and children’s well-being.
2. The applicant should demonstrate meaningful participation in community activities and active, positive contributions to the lives of others.
Up to $2,000 will be awarded to successful applicants
1. ESSAY. Submit an essay, less than 1000 words, explaining the nature of the work to be done and why you want to do it.
3. BUDGET. How much money you are seeking, and what it will be used for?
4. REFERENCES. Provide the name, address, phone number, and email address of two references.
Submit items to the Erica Leshan Taterka Scholarship Fund by April 7 by email to BTATERKA@GMAIL.COM.